The Wave and Wave Plus are compatible with Amazon Alexa!
Getting your Airthings Wave or Wave Plus set up with Amazon Alexa is easy. Follow these steps to get started:
- Download the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet. It’s available for iOS/Android devices via the App Store or Google Play Store. To control your Alexa speaker, you first need to log in with your Amazon account (if you don’t have one, you can create a free account here), and this will be your ID for Alexa.
- In the app go to menu > Settings > Set up new device. Once complete, choose the type of Amazon Echo you want to add.
- Next, plug in your Alexa device and wait for the setup process to complete. The speaker will go from displaying a spinning blue light before changing back to orange. This means it’s in pairing mode, so in the Alexa app choose your Wi-Fi network. TIP: you can store your Wi-Fi network and opt for future speakers to use the same settings at set up.
- If you need to return to pairing mode then simply press the button on top of the speaker.
- In the Alexa app, search for and enable the Airthings Skill.
- Now you’re all set – just say “Alexa” and pick a question below to get the answer.
Example Questions for Amazon Alexa:
- “Ask Airthings to check radon in [insert room name]”.
- “Open Airthings and list my rooms”.
Please note, the Amazon Alexa integration is only available in English and German,