If you are experiencing slow syncing or connectivity issues with your Wave/ Wave Plus or Wave Mini, you can follow these instructions to try and figure out where the problem lies.
Try to sync between each step. By syncing, we mean try to initiate syncing with your Airthings device with the app, by selecting the device and refreshing, or prompting the "sync now" option. If at any point during this troubleshooting the device seems to operate properly, stop! Then tell us after which step it started working. Here it goes:
- Ensure your app is up to date (iOS version 2.4.0, Android 3.0.13)
- Turn off your Bluetooth, and turn it on again
- Ensure your GPS/location is on (required for Android users)
- Try placing your phone on Airplane mode for several seconds, then take it off and try to sync again.
- Restart your app.
- Log out and log in to your app again.
- Restart your phone.
- Delete your app and reinstall the app again from the iTunes/ Play Store
Note: the steps following may cause data loss if you have been unable to sync at all with the previous steps. Removing the batteries will lose the data that has not been synced since you were last able. Please contact us using the methods below these steps if you have concerns.
- Take out the batteries of the device and wait 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, reinsert the batteries. Now, you will have to wait for 1 hour before new measurements become visible again.
- Is your device secondhand or approx 1 year old? You may need to change the batteries, especially when performing a Firmware update.
If you encounter an issue with one of our products, or you simply have a question or a doubt, let us know: we are happy to help! Let us know by following any of the options below:
- Start chatting with us in the app (open the menu -> click "Support" -> select "Chat with us")
- Click the chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of this page to start chatting with our support team :)
- Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org