This guide will take you through all the steps required to unbox, set up and start using your new Airthings Wave. This monitor detects humidity, temperature and radon values.
1) Unboxing your brand new Wave
Remove the two small plastic circles attached on both yellow sides of the box.
You will then be able to slide the yellow casing out from the cover - revealing your brand new Wave:
The box should contain:
- Your Wave monitor
- The user manual
- A small plastic bag containing a screw and a plug
2) Activating your Wave
Remove the white lid on the back of your Wave. This is where you can locate your serial number and batteries.
Proceed to remove the small plastic tab located on one of the batteries. This will trigger the device to start and activate the message: "Welcome to Airthings"
Put the white lid back on, covering the batteries and the back of the monitor.
Ensure the monitor is ready to connect with your phone or tablet by gently knocking twice in the middle of the front of the device. The device will display a blue spinning circle.
You are now ready to install the app and connect to your Wave with your phone or tablet.
3) Connecting and syncing with your Wave
- Download the app "Airthings Wave" from the App Store or the Play Store depending on whether you are using an Android or iOS device.
- Launch the app and follow the instructions to set up and connect your Wave
- Once you reach the login screen - create an account if you do not already own a Wave.
- This requires that you enter your name, your email and create a password.
- You will receive a 6 digit verification code to your email address.
- If your device is not already displaying a flashing blue light, knock on the device to enter pairing mode:
- Select a device to pair with and press connect:
- Set and confirm your location either automatically or manually.
- Choose the room for the deployment of the wave or create a custom name.
- Congratulations! You have now successfully paired your Wave.
- You will now have to wait for about one hour while the Wave finishes its first reading, during this time it will flash a white circle of light if you waive in front of it.
4) Get to know your app and get your first readings
- Now that you have successfully paired and synced your device you can test your first reading by waving over the Wave or looking at the colour of the circle in your app. Depending on your radon level, it will display a green, yellow or red light indicating if the readings are low, medium or high.