The Wave series consists of the Wave Mini, the Wave, and the Wave Plus - but what's the difference between them?
Well, every member of the Wave Family lives up to its name and has the "wave" functionality.
Each device contains a motion sensor that will trigger its light indicator when you wave your hand in front of it, letting you know whether your indoor air quality is good, fair or poor.
The light indicator of the Wave and Wave Plus appears as a "colored ring", while the Wave Mini has a small "color dot".
Now, down to business, what does each one actually measure?
The sensors of each Wave device are compared in the table below:
Other fun Wave family facts:
- All of them can be mounted to a wall, or simply kept on a flat, stable surface (such as a table).
- They all work with the Airthings App and web dashboard, which allows you to monitor your measurements and access data online.
- Their colors all have the same meaning:
Green: good air quality
Yellow: fair air quality
Red: poor air quality
- They all sync to the Airthings App via Bluetooth (version 4.2 or later).
- The Wave was the first of the Wave family, and there are 2 generations;
Wave 1st gen and Wave 2nd gen.
- The Wave 2nd gen, the Wave Plus, and the Wave Mini are all compatible with the Airthings Hub, which keeps these devices connected to our cloud, meaning you can access up to date data from anywhere.
If you are wondering about which Airthings devices are right for you, it really depends on personal preference and what aspects of Indoor Air Quality you want to measure. Many people bundle and create their own Airthings family, allowing you to monitor several aspects of your Indoor Air Quality environment in multiple rooms.
Remember, you can also use our comparison tool to compare the features of any Airthings product you like.
If you have any questions or want more information, we'll be happy to hear from you at email@example.com, or simply start a chat with us by clicking on the chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of this page!